Sunday, November 8, 2009

John Hogg, ancestor

Although I haven't established a connection I believe John Hogg, who immigrated to Virginia about 1653, is my ancestor. Below I explain why.
My great grandfather is Milburn Norman Hogue of Grayson Co., Texas. His father is Samuel T. Hogue of Montgomery Co. MO. Samuel T.'s brother is Milburn N. Hogue and their father is Samuel Hogg/Hogue of Amherst Co. VA. Samuel Hogg has a brother Milbourn Hogg and their father is John Hogg of Amherst Co., VA.
It is unclear where John Hogg was born. He and his new bride settled in an area of Albemarle Co., VA that later became part of Amherst Co. Milbourne Hogg also moved to Albemarle Co. about the same time and he came from Hanover Co., VA. I believe John and Milbourne are brothers and that their father is Milbourne Hogg of Hanover Co. His father is William Hogg who is the son of said immigrant John Hogg.
From a previous posted document we know that John Hogg had settled in New Kent Co., VA. We also see some land that was divided among John, William and Mary. We can assume that John and William are his sons. Mary could be a daughter but I suspect it is his wife. It was shortly after this that the land became part of the new county of Hanover.
I used the name Milburn to trace my family tree. So far all the pieces are logical and I have been able to support many of my assumptions. I will eventually post all documents I have found.

No comments:

Post a Comment